time reporting not using versions

Paul Dillon July 22, 2013

I have enabled time tracking in my poroject and entered estimates against alll of my issues. I have also logged time against most of them. I don't use the software version field in jira. The report asks me for fix version in a drop down list box. I select no fix version - it is the only option available.

the report comes back with no rows. Am i doing something wrong?

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
SAVDEEP SINGH January 24, 2018

me too facing same problem... any help?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

Probably check the last comment on this.  Although it's 4 years old, it's still the right thing to do.

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2013

Hi Paul,

You should be able to view reports with the estimations and the worked logged in JIRA. May I ask which report are you using?

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Paul Dillon July 24, 2013

Hi,

To clarify a few things:

The system is Jira 5.1

I can see the data expressed as mini bar graphs in the bottom right of the default screen, so I know the data has been stored.

I access the report by goin to Projects (on the menu bar, selecting my project, In the summary screen I click on reports (top right)

I select Time tracking report,

in the dropdown list for Fix Version I select 'No Fix version'

I have tried both sort orders

I select 'all' in the issues drop down list

I have tried all three options in the Sub Task Inclusion drop down list

it comes back saying There are no issues associated with this version

thanks

bit more info, I have one project where it works and one where it doesn't. They share a permission scheme, neither prject has any versions, The issue typoe schemes. workflows, screens, screen schemes, field schemes are not shared.

bit more info, I have nine projects on this server and the report works on 4 of them and not on 5. By drawing a matrix of all the shared, and not shared, components I am pretty sure the problem will lie with the screen schemes or field Configuration schemes. I still cannot locate the exact problem though.

Gerrit Griebel June 2, 2018

Has the same problem and added "fix Version" to a workflow screen, then a popup appeared which suggested to reindex, which I did. Then "Time Tracking report" worked! After that I did remove "fix Version" field again. Still worked, reindexed again and still worked. Problem solved for me.

Suggest an answer