It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

time estimates are of hours or days in next gen projects

If I have a task which I can finish in 2 days so how should I estimate time for that

2 answers

Hi @rahul belsare@rahul belsare 

Time tracking isn't available yet on Next-Gen projects but is on the short-term roadmap. You can check out what's on the roadmap and what's recently shipped here: atlassian.com/roadmap

I'd also recommend checking out this Community article where one of our Product Managers discusses what's available in Next-Gen projects and what hasn't been shipped yet.

Cheers,

PVS

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Oct 14, 2019

This is a good example of where NG just hasn't caught up yet. While you can "log" time spent and remaining time there isn't an "original estimate". Estimation is limited to story points at this time. As PVS mentioned this is coming in 2020 per roadmap.

You might consider using the time logging feature in the meantime by simply setting the Remaining Time when the issue is created and leaving the logged time empty.

ng-time-log.jpg

Thanks Jack. 

As I am new user of Jira just let me know whether the story points are in hours or days.

If I write 9 as a story points so whether it will consider as 9 hours or 9 days.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

882 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you