time estimates are of hours or days in next gen projects

rahul belsare October 14, 2019

If I have a task which I can finish in 2 days so how should I estimate time for that

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2019

This is a good example of where NG just hasn't caught up yet. While you can "log" time spent and remaining time there isn't an "original estimate". Estimation is limited to story points at this time. As PVS mentioned this is coming in 2020 per roadmap.

You might consider using the time logging feature in the meantime by simply setting the Remaining Time when the issue is created and leaving the logged time empty.

ng-time-log.jpg

rahul belsare October 16, 2019

Thanks Jack. 

As I am new user of Jira just let me know whether the story points are in hours or days.

If I write 9 as a story points so whether it will consider as 9 hours or 9 days.

0 votes
PVS
Banned
October 14, 2019

Hi @rahul belsare@rahul belsare 

Time tracking isn't available yet on Next-Gen projects but is on the short-term roadmap. You can check out what's on the roadmap and what's recently shipped here: atlassian.com/roadmap

I'd also recommend checking out this Community article where one of our Product Managers discusses what's available in Next-Gen projects and what hasn't been shipped yet.

Cheers,

PVS

rahul belsare October 16, 2019

Thanks @PVS  

Suggest an answer