ticket 'reporters' in jira become 'watchers' automatically

richi richi September 3, 2012

(Often) Ticket 'Reporters' in JIRA become 'Watchers' automatically if those tickets are generated by the email-listener. With that, reporters do not get only the notifications configured in the notification schema for reports, but also those configured for watchers.

How can I configure that those reports are not addressed as watchers automatically?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

Yes, that's a new feature in Jira 5 (5.1 I think, but the release notes are a blur)

People can turn it off in their profile options individualy, and/or you can set the global option under Admin -> Global settings.

Where can I turn it off globally? I guess is is no sufficient to have "cc watchers = false" within the mail handler configuration?

Thanks

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Im not sure if can be, its globally on by default.

For anyone using JEMH, by unchecking User > autowatch , per-user autowatch will be disabled saving a little admin overhead.

hm, actually, I still don't get it. I gotta set this globally since our external 'senders/ reporters' can't admin there config in order to switch off this 'autowatch'. How can I set "Add Sender As Watcher" within the Mail Handler? Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

Ah, the mail options in JEMH are separate from the Jira internal stuff.

If you go to Jira Admin -> General Settings, there is an option to turn autowatch on and off.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Can you now turn this off by default?

Related question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/54126/can-jira-s-autowatch-be-disabled

Maria Bjorkman May 20, 2015

It is changed can set the global option under Admin > User Management > User Preferences.

Suggest an answer