this request type is not applicable for current issue type

Softimpact January 19, 2015

When im changing the Type of the issue from IT help to purchase/fault or any other type the request type under Service Desk request goes to None with the message(this request type is not applicable for current issue type)

9 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

This occurs when you do not have the new issue type associated with a request type within the portal. You HAVE to expose something linking the issue type to the request type within the customer portal in order to have it be available to select as the request type within the agent view. 

In addition, you cannot have any required fields for that request type in the portal that are empty on the agents view of the issue. 

2 votes
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

This is in the setup wizard when establishing a new Service Desk, and is on the "Request Types" screen in the admin panel for the project. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/create-service-desk-request-types-917968307.html

Toby Coe February 15, 2019

Jeff, this worked. Thanks for the help.

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

Awesome! Would you mind accepting this answer?

1 vote
Toby Coe February 12, 2019

Hello,

Please reply to the comments here. Also, does anyone know how to associate an Issue Type with a Request Type. 

Regards,

Toby 

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2019

This is in the setup wizard when establishing a new Service Desk, and is on the "Request Types" screen in the admin panel for the project. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/create-service-desk-request-types-917968307.html

Brian Oconnell April 2, 2020

What about for an existing project?

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2024

I answered this without a stub on Dec 15th

0 votes
Daniel Hrvatin March 7, 2017

bump

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2019

Why bump? This was answered in 2015.

Brian Oconnell April 2, 2020

Still no solution given.

The linked documentation is what Wikipedia would call a "stub".

0 votes
Srini Chimata November 16, 2015

Nice to see you Alicia here. Pl. stay in touch and I guess you have my gmail id.

Cheers,
Srini 

Alicia Pena November 16, 2015

Hello Srini. Nice to see you on here too. I'll check which account I have your email address saved and send you my new work email as well. I hope things are going well for you. I'm really enjoying my new job. Talk soon.

0 votes
Alicia Pena November 16, 2015

I'm having the same problem.  Would love to know how to solve this so we can easily transition to a different issue type while reviewing the tickets.

0 votes
Srini Chimata NNA May 21, 2015

I also have multiple Request types, each is mapped to a different JIRA Issue type and I am running in to the same problem. I want to change the default Help to other Request types without "Moving them" to different Issue Types on the Move Wizard.

On the right side "Service Desk Request" section of the Help ticket in SD admin panel, I see all other Request types disabled when I am trying to edit the Help Request type.

hg November 1, 2018

same issue here, what did the steps end up being to get it to work?

0 votes
Michael Pasqualone May 5, 2015

Did you ever manage to solve this?

0 votes
Taylor Chapman April 29, 2015

bumping for interest, same problem here. 

Suggest an answer