this is what I need, is it possible with JIRA?

vladimir October 8, 2016

Hi all

JIRA seems to be now quite complex for single person to study and implement at work. I will shortly describe what I need from tasks manager.

I work with 300-400 people in different hospitals and healthcare facilities. I need from them difficult things as part of our collaboration from time to time, like CV, answer to given  question, some other document etc.

what I need is to have possibility to create and follow up such request, for me it could be from JIRA interface but for the other person perspective it should be only email correspondence, or if web  interface then without any passwords or logins etc. I.e. if you got link in email, you can update task.

There is no way how I can force those people to become JIRA users with theirs logins and passwords, it also has not rationale behind as from some people I need only 1-2 "things" per year.

So I need:

1. to ask question/request - this needs to be delivered to "outer" person via email
  2. if not answered by some time, it should be REMINDED AUTOMATICALLY
  3. if any answer, I should be reminded to work on that 

Is it feasibible? Without speding 300 hours adapting system? or 3000 EUR?

Thanks for your advices

Vladimir

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2016

The JIRA Service Desk product offers free, unlimited, accounts for customers, users who can self-manage their accounts but don't get full JIRA abilities.

The UI is much more simple and it supports easy configuration of email handling out of the box.

The Service Desk product also offers SLAs which also allow you the ability to notify if the SLA expires.

Really, the Service Desk product is what you're looking for. It may be cheaper as well.

Suggest an answer