the priority of a request

Maksim Zaripov February 11, 2016

I want to change the priority of a request to ban a group of people. How can I do this?1.JPG

2 answers

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

Well you could use the JIRA  field security plugin. There you can give permissions on field level.  

Or remove the priority from the edit screen. Add some circular transitions (from status A to status A) with a screen that has the priority field. Add to those transitions a condition that only certian Roles or Groups can execute this transition. This way you can also restrict changeing the priority.

Maksim Zaripov February 14, 2016

I'm stupid, I do not understand you. Can be more?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2016

Udo is describing how to protect the "priority" field so that only certain groups can edit the contents.

My reading of the question is different - it sounded like you had an issue for banning people that needed the priority updated, so I suggested editing the issue.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Udo's answer - could you explain what you are trying to do in more detail please?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2016

I guess you mean the part with the workflow.

So you have a workflow (Open ->In Progress -> Done). First you remove priority from the edit screen. That means no one can change the priority after the creation of an issue.

Now since you and some other will say, well this issue isn't High Priority but nomal, you wan't to change the priority. Now you need a way to do this. So you add two transitions (call it "Change Priority") from Open to Open and In Progress to In Progress. Make sure a screen with the priority field ist used in those transitions. Finally, since not all people in your Project should use this transitions, add a condition (User in Role, or User in Group).

Now if you are in that role or group to see that transition button. You can Click on "Change Priority", the transition screen with priority shows up, you can change the priority, and the status has not changed.

I hope I made it clear enough now.

Maxim Zaripov February 17, 2016

I have image2016-2-18 11:10:49.png

Maxim Zaripov February 17, 2016

what to do next?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2016

Well in your case add on each the blue and yellow statuses (sorry for not being able to read cyrillic letters) a circular transition as described above (the green one is final and you won't need to change a priority there). Don't forget the transition screen and the condition.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2016

Edit the issue and change the priority.  If you can't do that, then your administrators have removed the priority from the screens and you'll need to get them to add it back so you can amend it.

Suggest an answer