the @ mentions and other wiki markup rendering are no longer working

Rick Carini February 22, 2017

'@' Mention tagging and other Wiki style rendering no longer working.  Appears to be in both standard JIRA projects as well as Service Desk projects.

Confirmed that Browse Users permissions, Wiki Style Rendering of comments and description fields and Email Visibility of users is correct as per: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-and-autocomplete-are-not-working-in-jira-cloud-779160727.html

Please note, we are using JIRA Cloud.

Dialog box with user info does come up and allow you to select user, converted into bracket/tilde format as expected and preview shows correct '@'user info (and correct wiki rendering of smileys, etc) however when you save it, it converts back to non-wiki rendering.  Notification is sent, however (so user is emailed).

Thanks!

Rick

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rick Carini February 23, 2017

Ok - even though I said I checked it, the Wiki Style Rendering was being set by the Default Field Configuration. Since the project's Field Configuration view itself didn't indicate any Renderer, I didn't realize this indicated that the Default Field Configuration was being used.

But I have no idea how or why this changed on us all of a sudden, and I am very surprised that the Audit Log didn't record the change to the Default Text Renderer (nor did it log my change back).

Thanks again!

Rick

Suggest an answer