the history points, ussing in any type of incidence

Melissa Espinosa December 14, 2017

how to capture "history points" in all types of incidents?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

Hi Melissa,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean story points? If so, and according to the JIRA documentation, Story Points field is only available to issues of type 'Story' or 'Epic' (not 'Bugs' etc) — you can change this by:

•  Associating the Story Points field with other issue types (see the JIRA custom field context documentation).
  • Specifying which screens the Story Points field will be displayed on (see the JIRA documentation on Defining a Screen).

This page contains the description and links to the configuration change details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-administrator-s-guide/jira-agile-jira-configuration

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Melissa Espinosa December 15, 2017

Yeah that's right, we need to assign "history points" to tasks, bugs, etc.; and I understand that this is not possible and for this it is necessary adding a screen?

regards.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

Do you mean "story points"?  Or is "history points" a separate field?

Either way, yes, it's easy.  Create the history points field (admin -> custom fields) if it's those. 

Go back to admin -> custom fields and look for your points field, making sure that it has a "context" that includes "incidents"

Go to the project you're using for incidents, look at its config and find the "screens".  Drill down into there until you find the screens in use for incidents, then add the points field to them (you may need to repeat for different projects)

I mean, the "story points" as a field more than the issues.

Thanks Nic, I followed what you indicated and I already have "history points" in all my types of incidence, the tedious thing is to configure it in each of the projects.

Excellent day.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2017

I'm glad to hear you got the field added to your other incident types, Melissa!

Carlos

Suggest an answer