take Issue fields yo word documents

azfa October 14, 2012

I added nwe issue field to jira issues. How can i take that newly added field to word document view? Please smone help me

3 answers

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

An easier way to export any JIRA data to Word is through a plugin such as Intelligent Reports. It allows you to design your template in word, then specify which data goes where with no programming required. Furthermore as it is a plugin you do not need to modify you JIRA installation, and thus have less headaches when upgrading.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2012

You don't need to do anything if you're using the standard custom fields, or, in fact, most other custom fields. They display in Word automatically - if you can see them in the standard issue view, then you should get them in the export as well.

Could you tell us what fields are not appearing - specifically, what type are they? Maybe show us the data you get in the issue view and what appears in the export?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2012

You don't need to do anything if you're using the standard custom fields, or, in fact, most other custom fields. They display in Word automatically - if you can see them in the standard issue view, then you should get them in the export as well.

Could you tell us what fields are not appearing - specifically, what type are they? Maybe show us the data you get in the issue view and what appears in the export?

azfa October 14, 2012

We need to change the appearance of the word doc. format. So I changed all the source codes in vm file and changed it according to our preference. Now I added a new field called "topic" which is belongs to text field. Bt I adjested the codings only else part is working always.

The coding is shown here.....

#if (($fieldVisibility.isFieldHidden($issue.project.getLong('id'), 'topic', $issue.issueTypeObject.id) == false) && ($issue.topicObject))

#if ($issue.TopicObject)

<b>$i18n.getText('issue.field.topic'):</b>

#else

$textutils.htmlEncode($issue.topicObject.nameTranslation, false)

#end

We do not knw whether the way we adjusted the coding is correct... Could u plz adjust it if u knw....

Thank u very much....... :)

azfa October 14, 2012

Sorry this is the coding we typed.............

#if (($fieldVisibility.isFieldHidden($issue.project.getLong('id'), 'topic', $issue.issueTypeObject.id) == false) && ($issue.topicObject))

#if ($issue.topicObject)

<b>$i18n.getText('issue.field.topic'):</b>

$textutils.htmlEncode($issue.topicObject.nameTranslation, false)

#else

$i18n.getText('unknown')

#end

#end

Please reply me soon................

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2012

Mmm, that's nothing like what you originally asked.

First, can you confirm that the original code worked before you starting amending it? The Word export stuff you had before you started amending the template will have displayed the data you are looking for.

Secondly, you should look to reuse the code that works there as part of your changes.

Finally, have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Customise+Word+Export+Template+for+JIRA as that covers custom fields

Suggest an answer