suppress or change the error message on jira create page screen

arorarahul January 29, 2015

How can we suppress the error message on JIRA create screen as the one attached here.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

You should not get rid of the message, it is telling the user why they cannot create the issue.

If you want to let them create the issue without that field, then go into the field configuration and make the field optional.

That is something i don't want. smile

I need an answer to remove that customfield* part since it more technical

Otherwise if it is showing field name , that is ok

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

Ah, ok, it's just the wording of the message. I'm afraid that is buried in the core code and I suspect it's in the java rather than a template, so you'd have to recompile the class throwing the error message. If it is a template, then that's a little easier, because they're simple text and you can just change them in the installation without recompiling anything.

slothstronaut January 12, 2017

is there a way to hide the div aui-message error via the announcment banner script injection? 

Its confusing the users with messages like "customfield_10524: Stage is required." for field STAGE and in my opinion the message directly under the field is sufficient.

Aaaand why can't i change the color back to blacklaugh 

Like Xavier likes this

Suggest an answer