supporting multiple workflows under a single project

Edward Geddes September 5, 2012

I have two workflows running under a single project. Each workflow is associated with a different issue type.

These workflows are similar enough that they can share some of the same statuses (ex: In Dev, In Test). When building the workflows, I repurposed these similar statuses.

I am running into problems with my rapid boards. I'd like to have issues that are issue type bug go on rapid board a and have issues that are issue type enhancement go on rapid board b.

Is that going ot be possible with these shared statuses? (right now i get cross contamination when an issue lands in one of these statuses)

Or do I have to subtly name them different or even ru nthem under separate projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

You shoudl create two filters, one for each board. One filter can say type = bug and the other can say type = enhancement. Filter 1 can be used on rapid board a and filter 2 can be used on rapid board b

Edward Geddes September 5, 2012

Thanks John! So juist to confirm, i am using jql on the saved filter to isolate which issues i want on which boards. seems to be working perfectly. (unless i misunderstood then i'm not sure what i'm doing!)

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

That is correct

Suggest an answer