sumUp plugin - Receiving "null" in totals

Daniel Puyau September 9, 2014

We have installed the sumUp plugin to test. It looks like just we are looking for however on some of our custom fields, we get a "null" error in the totals row. Specifically the custom field is "QA Estimate" which is logged by users on tickets in hours. So if we had 5 issues totaling 8hrs, the total row shows "null 8.00 null". Is this because it is attempting to report *DD:HH:MM* format ? 

Lastly, we noticed a lag when running queries. I understand from the release notes that the speed has been improved. Is this something that will continue to improve or is this the best case scenario? (We have a large database (350k+ issues) so the additional time impacts overall performance.) Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Sergej Schuck September 10, 2014

Hi Daniel,

to your first question: This could be a bug and we will check this out.

To your second question: What are the specs of your system? Which database type are you using? And how long does it take to proceed your 350k+ issues? If there is a way to improve the speed of our algorythm we will update this in the next release.

Cheers

Sergey

Daniel Puyau September 30, 2014

In our Production instance (_which doesn't have sumUp installed yet has 200+ concurrent users_) it takes about 4-5sec to pull up all issues in a query. In our Dev instance (_which DOES have sumUp installed yet only myself in it as a user_) it takes about 35-45sec to pull up all issues in a query. If I disable sumUp the load times match the prod instance. My concern is that if loaded in prod, with the additional load of another 200 users, the instance will be made unusable. *System Info as requested* JIRA 6.2.5 Operating System Linux 3.2.0-69-virtual OS Architecture amd64 Application Server Container Apache Tomcat/7.0.47 Database type oracle10g Database version Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, Automatic Storage Management, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options Database driver Oracle JDBC driver 11.2.0.2.0 External user management ON *Database Statistics* Issues 347612 Projects 42 Custom Fields 109 Workflows 14 Attachments 249745 Comments 907444 Users 1113 (External user management is enabled. Showing records from local database tables only.) Groups 185 (External user management is enabled. Showing records from local database tables only.)

Suggest an answer