sub task workflows

Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014
hello i have created an issue as new feature,this issue follow a workflow,for example Specs Writing->Acknowledge>Testing->QA i have created a 4 sub task for this issue 1-Specs Writing who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done 2-Acknowledge who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done 3-Testing who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done 4-QA who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done my questions are: if i put the issue type as new feature,can i create automatically 4 sub tasks for the issues? can i locked the sub tasks while the first didn't finish yet ?i.e i cant put acknowledge in progress while the Specs writing is not done ? and when i finish from specs writing(statues done) the main issue go automatically to acknowledge? Best Regards Rita

1 answer

1 vote
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

You can have multiple sub task workflows, so the first part of your questions is a yes.

You can use the post/pre functions on the main issue to hide the transition step to the next workflow and have that dependant on the outcome of the subtask to follow the flow of work you are suggesting.

Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2014

Hello ,

could you give me more details please on how i can make it ??

thank you so much

Vidhya GOWTHAM April 19, 2017

Hello Rita and Steve can you please explain more details.

thanks

Suggest an answer