hello i have created an issue as new feature,this issue follow a workflow,for example Specs Writing->Acknowledge>Testing->QA i have created a 4 sub task for this issue 1-Specs Writing who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done 2-Acknowledge who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done 3-Testing who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done 4-QA who follow another workflows open->in progress->Done my questions are: if i put the issue type as new feature,can i create automatically 4 sub tasks for the issues? can i locked the sub tasks while the first didn't finish yet ?i.e i cant put acknowledge in progress while the Specs writing is not done ? and when i finish from specs writing(statues done) the main issue go automatically to acknowledge? Best Regards Rita

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You can have multiple sub task workflows, so the first part of your questions is a yes.

You can use the post/pre functions on the main issue to hide the transition step to the next workflow and have that dependant on the outcome of the subtask to follow the flow of work you are suggesting.

Hello ,

could you give me more details please on how i can make it ??

thank you so much

Hello Rita and Steve can you please explain more details.

thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

146 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you