sub-project and summary

Tan Wong February 25, 2014

Hello! I have 2 questions, they are linked to each other.

1) JIRA is configured on a Project basis, hence all the tickets submitted must be related to that particular project. How is it possible to create and configure sub-projects that are related to the main-project umbrella?

2) From Qn1, is it possible to configure a Summary page that only has information for the sub-project?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Jira doesn't have sub-projects.

You can categorise projects into groups and use the category in searches, and a lot of people use components as a simple way to break up projects, but there's no nesting.

Tan Wong February 26, 2014

Can I use Components to configure the Summary page?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2014

Some component data appears on the project summary.

I'm afraid "configure the sumary page" is far too vague to be able to tell you anything though.

Tan Wong February 27, 2014

Hi Nic, thanks for answering so quickly. I mean: in the Overview -> Summary -> you have "Issues: 30-Day summary", "Reports", "Activity Stream". The "Issues:30-day summary" shows an overview of issues in the project. Can we configure the "Issues:30-day summary" to show data selected by Components? And can we remove "Reports" and add in another subject of my own ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2014

No, that really is a project summary page, not a component summary.

If you write some code, you can add project panels with whatever you want in there though.

Suggest an answer