sub-project and summary

Hello! I have 2 questions, they are linked to each other.

1) JIRA is configured on a Project basis, hence all the tickets submitted must be related to that particular project. How is it possible to create and configure sub-projects that are related to the main-project umbrella?

2) From Qn1, is it possible to configure a Summary page that only has information for the sub-project?

1 answer

0 vote

Jira doesn't have sub-projects.

You can categorise projects into groups and use the category in searches, and a lot of people use components as a simple way to break up projects, but there's no nesting.

Can I use Components to configure the Summary page?

Some component data appears on the project summary.

I'm afraid "configure the sumary page" is far too vague to be able to tell you anything though.

Hi Nic, thanks for answering so quickly. I mean: in the Overview -> Summary -> you have "Issues: 30-Day summary", "Reports", "Activity Stream". The "Issues:30-day summary" shows an overview of issues in the project. Can we configure the "Issues:30-day summary" to show data selected by Components? And can we remove "Reports" and add in another subject of my own ?

No, that really is a project summary page, not a component summary.

If you write some code, you can add project panels with whatever you want in there though.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

634 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you