straighten out user directory for SSO

HenkJan de Vries December 6, 2017

Has anyone had to do any transfers regarding the user landscape to get Atlassian ready for provisioning and SSO. Especially with the upcoming Atlassian identity service (add $3 p/u) you have to have everyone in the company domain.

right now we have a large selection of users, manually managed and no proces in place how to name them (usernames), meaning we got firstName, LastName, firstName LastName, nickName in the directory of Atlassian (Jira, confluence and bitbucket) and also a big bunch of externals how have access to whatever but no convention either AND no company domain email.

So to prepare the provisiong (only groups and user creation, because all other options have been turned off by Atlassian when they turned on atlassian cloud) and SSO the following has to happen:

- straight out all usernames to a correct convention - firstName.lastName
- everyone needs a company domain email address

Right now, in my opinion the only way to do this is by creating everyone again and straighten it all out.
PITA but doable.

But than! how do we convert all commits, comments, tickets, issues, bugs etc to the correct user without having to go through everything manually and reassign it all by hand.

Has anyone had to deal with this, and does anyone have an idea, clue or best practise i could follow, im just not able to comprehend the extent of work, time and possible pitfalls i might encounter.

love to hear your thoughts!

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi!

GPID will help you as identifier.

And about converting name I do mostly via sql. 

Or time to time I do on AD level changes via other properties

Suggest an answer