statusses of workflow

Ana Mendes March 18, 2013

It is possible groups associate of fields to each statusses of workflow? if yes, how?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2013

I'm afraid the question is a little unclear. What groups do you mean? (I'd guess at groups of users?) More importantly, what do you mean by "associate with status"? I really don't have any guess for what you might mean by that?

for example:
My workflow have 3 status: Status A, Status B and Status C.
so, in Status A I will wich only appears the field 'Assignee', 'Due Date'... in Status B i will wich the field 'Assignee', 'Due Date' and 'Contact' and finally, in Status B the fields 'Adress' and 'name'.
differents fields in diferent status...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2013

Ok. You cannot really do this. A field belongs to an issue. That's it, it's nothing to do with the workflow.

You can, however, control where fields appear. If you look at "screen schemes", you will find that there are three entries - you can tell Jira to use a different "screen" (which is a list of fields to use) for View, Edit and Create issue. Those are shared actions, they take no account of status.

Secondly, in your workflows, which move issues between status, you can use "transition screens". They're the same theory as the view/edit/create - a list of fields to show to the users. So, with these, you can say "when going from status A to status B, show the user on;y the assignee and due date", "when going from B to C, show assignee, due date and contact". And so on.

thanks,

but how can i associate differents fields to a each transition?

ana mendes

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2013

You don't associate different fields with transitions directly.

You put fields on screens.

You associate different screens with transitions.

thank you for attention :)

Suggest an answer