startup_bundled_jre.bat just shows banner and JIRA doesn't start

Ann Veremeychik September 23, 2013

Hello!

I made a backup of my JIRA installation. Then I moved it to another host and run the config.bat to set up new database properties and JIRA_HOME and ports. Once it's done I am trying to run a startup_bundled_jre.bat but it wants me to set up a CATALINA_HOME variable. When I am setting it up (so it points to JIRA_INSTALL) and trying to run startup_bundled_jre.bat it shows me just a banner in command window and nothing else. There aren't any logs so I can't find out what is wrong.

I will appreciate any help.

1 answer

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

In all; the time i have managed, moved, backed p, and upgraded JIRA i have never used those two scripts.

start-jira.bat/sh and stop-jira.bat/sh should be used, and will define things like CATALINA_HOME for you.

However you can try setting that yourself to the path of the apache-tomcat folder and see if you get farther.

However I suyggest you start from square one, and follow the steps here, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

Suggest an answer