ssl and atlassian

Phil Jackson November 16, 2016

I am working to split out our Atlassian products on separate servers, and I am having issues with getting the SSL working on them. I have a wildcard certificate in hand, so I don't need to request a new one. I used portecle to import the wildcard certificate into the cacerts file that was setup for each Atlassian product. I also imported it into cacerts that is in the java as well. I am new to doing this certificate stuff, and I am not quite sure if I am doing it right, but I have configured everything and pointed the Atlassian app to the cacert file, and when I go to the https site, I get a "refused to connect" error.

ps: The products that I am trying this on is crucible, jira, confluence and bitbucket, with all the same error.

2 answers

0 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Are you changing their port (e.g., to 443)?   Or are you putting them behind a reverse-proxy (e.g., Apache with ProxyPass / ProxyPassReverse)?   Or are you letting them serve SSL themselves through Tomcat on their default ports (e.g., 8443)?

Suggest an answer