sprints - attache planned start / end dates without actually starting the sprint

Mark Scarantino April 17, 2015

We would like to utilize the sprints to do a bit of forecasting and planning.  (ok, not exactly Agile but management want this information and I do not want to have to keep a separate log for this )

To do this, we would like to be ale to load a start and end date ( planned ) to the sprint, well before we actually start the sprint.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

I have checked out he Agile Labs and have turned on the multiple sprints, but I do not really need them to be started yet.

Is there a limit to the number of Sprints that can be "Started" at the same time?

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2015

This sounds more like something which JIRA Portfolio is intended to be used for. Take a look at: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/portfolio

There are no limits on the number of parallel sprints, but having them all running from before they actually start is going to screw up your metrics on those sprints.

Suggest an answer