sprint report does not update total amount of story points

tommer February 4, 2014

when I change the story points for a certain story, which is in the active sprint, the Sprint Report does not update the total amount of story points (the burndown chart does show the update and also the backlog ("Not started")). is this a bug? if so, how can we raise this defect?

3 answers

0 votes
Jeffrey Harrison December 5, 2014

For myself, and the teams I've been on, I'd want the story points to stay on the Sprint Report. Having the list of completed work and the point totals in one place has really fit well with how we work.  But as it stands now, with the Sprint Report only reflecting story points at the time the stories were created, the column is misleading – it makes no sense to generate a report of completed work but show the initial story point values and not their final values.  If not fixed, I'd agree that it should be removed.

Bob King April 7, 2015

The current behavior as described in this thread is a very real problem for us.  The "Velocity Report" is also behaving the same way.  It shows the bar graph using the ORIGINAL story points at the start of the sprint.  This is also of no value.  When we finish the sprint we need to know WHAT we got done and it needs to reflect reality so the reports we share with management are accurate?  Any plans to fix these 2 reports?   

Rich Gierak December 17, 2015

This is a real issue for us as well. The Sprint Report should reflect the reality of the sprint as it completed. Is there a plan and priority to address this?

0 votes
tommer February 5, 2014

hi Andreas, thanks for your answer. the Sprint Report does not show all Scope Changes. we only see the Scope Changes ( especially story point Changes) in the Burndown chart (this is a different report).

In fact, we would suggest Atlassian to remove the story point column from the Sprint Report, because the Sprint Report is meant to show complete and incomplete stories and not story points / total story points / burned story points etc.

0 votes
Andreas Haaken February 4, 2014

Any Change of Story Points after a sprint start will be handled as a Scops Change.

So if you raise teh Story Points of a Story, the Start of the Burndown will stay, but the aktual value of the burndown goes up. This is handled as a "burnup".

Look at the Sprint Report, where all Scope Changes are displayed in the List below.

Suggest an answer