slowndown in Jira

Vedat November 13, 2017

Hi,

I need your assisistance regarding Jira slowndown. When l open a issue, the system waits for a while. It is really slow to open a issue. How l can fix it?

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

Hi Vedat,

This is quite a broad subject as various reasons can cause a slowdown in JIRA. If you could provide some further information to the questions below, it would help in narrowing down the cause. 

1. When did you start noticing the slowness?
  2. Is it slow for all users?
  3. Any specific pages or issue operation where the slowness is apparent?
  4. When you say that it's slow, how slow is slow? Prior to the issue, would you be able to let me know how long does the page loaded? This will allow us to compare the previous and current loading time
  5. If possible, generate a HAR file when accessing the page showing the slowness.
  6. Are you able to reproduce the slowness all the time or is there any specific time of the day when it is more apparent? Like during peak hours when the users started working.
  7. Aside from slowness, are you facing CPU spike simultaneously?
  8. What other applications are installed on the same server where JIRA is running?
  9. How do you workaround the issue? Does restarting help?
  10. Any other applications using the same database server as JIRA?
Vedat November 14, 2017

Some specific pages yes, it is slow.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Hi Vedat,

Could you answer Lenard's questions?  A partial, non-specific answer to only q3 can not tell us anything about your problem.  We need all the information Lenard has asked for.

Vedat November 14, 2017

Hi,

For example, I create a issue regarding customer relationship management project. The issue type is damage information. When I select the damage information, screen waits for a minute and then it is created. Why does it wait?

Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Hard to say without answers to Lenard's questions.

If it's just that one action, then I'd guess you have a post-function in the workflow that is doing a lot of work, and you should remove or optimise that.

Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Vedat,

Indeed, as Nic has said, it's quite difficult to narrow down the cause with limited knowledge of what's going on. 

Suggest an answer