skill availability / idle resources availability / Timeline

Danula.Fernando December 26, 2019
  1. Is there a view that displays the availability or usage of skills based on people’s skills?
  2. Is there a view to display unallocated (free) resources?
  3. Can we have a timeline (monthly or weekly) permanently displayed under the chart of epics?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Łukasz [SoftwarePlant] July 6, 2020

Hi Danula, 

let me answer all questions.

1. Yes, there is. We have a separate skill panel in the Resources view. Please see the proper configuration and how it looks here.

2.  Yes, the Resources module is able to show you unassigned issues, as well as to show you over and under allocation. 

3. Could you please clarify? in which modules exactly would you like to have this timeline displayed?  

If you could reply directly on support@softwareplant.com I would be grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Łukasz, Product Support Team

0 votes
Danula.Fernando January 1, 2020

Hi @brbojorque ,

These are my main three questions.

1. Is there a view that displays the availability or usage of skills based on people’s skills?
  2. Is there a view to display unallocated (free) resources?
  3. Can we have a timeline (monthly or weekly) permanently displayed under the chart of epics?

I went through the link that you sent and it seems that it partially covers my requirements. But I need to confirm the answers to those three questions. Therefore, if you can answer them it will be very helpful. Thank you!

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2019
Danula.Fernando January 1, 2020

Hi Bryan,

Can please confirm if those options are available or not available in Portfolio. Thank you. 

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2020

Hi @Danula.Fernando ,

Yes all the features you've mentioned the Portfolio for Jira can do it aswell.

You can read more here.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/portfolio/features

Suggest an answer