show issues on sprint board associated with owner of subtask.

Michael White March 8, 2018

Ok here's what I'm attempting to do:   I'd like to quick filter by team member and show any issues they have subtasks for.  This would allow me to efficiently run our daily scrum by showing the issue/bug on the board and the subtask (were really using them more as task to be honest) in the preview menu on the right. This is for the On prem solution not the cloud.

Not to compare/contrast but this was basic function in CA Technologies product (Formerly called Rally) and it makes things run smooth for stand ups.

Finally, If possible without having to purchase a gadget/upgrade. it would be AMAZING if this was able to be done by a drop down box of each team member.  you know, like the cloud solution has but the On prem solution is missing.

So to sum up, I'd like to search by assignee (at the subtask level) BUT only display the issue, not the subtask on the board. An added bonus would be display the team members in a drop down. but if I must, I'll just build filters for each one to work around that.

The subtask assignee in many case wont be the assignee on the issue.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

To run advanced JQL, some kind of addon is required.

You could easily do it by JQL but I don't think there are functions built in for searching linked issues or parent issue.

I apparently keep saying this everywhere lol, but try ScriptRunner

Michael White March 8, 2018

ScriptRunner has a fee per user/per month. while it isn't much, I can't purchase a bolt on for our instance.

So for the most part, I'm attempting to determine what JQL I need to write more or less. I'd like to search by subtask assignee, however just show the issue (not the subtask) on the board. 

This was basic function out of the box with Rally, Jira requires a knowledge in SQL to do things Rally did automatically.  While I'm sure having so much configuration is going to prove valuable. sometimes you just want to run your stand up without having to use JQL to do so.

Suggest an answer