show error message on jira ticket

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

I have below requirement:

I have due date field on ticket creation. I want to pop up an error message if due date < current date + 5 days

That message could be on pop up window or on ticket window itself as information.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

You just need a "simple scripted validator"...

issue.dueDate >= new Date() + 5

That will show a red message on the ticket when they try to submit.

(Nic - I ignored the popup window aspect... I don't think this needs to be client-side at all).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2014

Yeah, I just assumed it was a dynamic request, and forgot that a validator would tell them what's wrong after the attempt to submit it.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

Thank you for the help and that worked.

I have one more question - if i try to create ticket from service desk

error message is "cannot create ticket" insted of "due date isn't greated than somedate"

any idea how to change that message.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

No... I haven't really looked at JSD properly. Seems like they're assuming with JSD that all end-users are too stupid to understand a validation failure message.

You can create a ticket (without service desk) at https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRVand I will look into it.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

Groovy doesn't interact with the user like that.

To get this as the user is typing, you'll need to inject some javascript into the creation screen, so that it can dynamically work out the date and pop a message of some sort.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2014

Do you have any example.

Suggest an answer