show all applicable criteria per project.

Mario Fanck November 4, 2014

Hi, is there a way to show all applicable criteria (custom fields) in issue navigator per project? The background is that a lot of user didn't know the name of all custom fields, so it's hard to filter. Best regards. Mario

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2014

Yes, add the custom fields from the "select fields" list under "choose fields to display" menu option under tools.

Mario Fanck November 4, 2014

search_criteria.png 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2014

Scroll down...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2014

And before you say "there's 746 and the list is too long", yes, that's the whole reason there's a search and roll-up - it's unmanagable for the humans as a flat list. I suspect it could be improved, but I'm not sure how. With 746 other fields, then the only useful answer is that you're going to have to train your users to understand your configuration. (In the long term, 746 fields also implies you've let go of your control over the system and REALLY need to do some rationalisation)

Mario Fanck November 5, 2014

We have for this one Project only 22 custom fields. It would be nice, when jira show us only this 22, in the search. In other words: show me all custom fields (flat) for project x.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2014

But the issue navigator doesn't work on a project, it works on all issues the user can see. So it can't support "reduce list to project available" because there's no way of knowing when the user might add, update or remove a project related clause.

Suggest an answer