show a jira project with public url

Noel VanEynde May 19, 2016

I have boards in a JIRA project that I would like to have as a public URL.  I know how to change permissions, but how do I find what the actual URL is?

2 answers

0 votes
Noel VanEynde May 19, 2016

Thanks for the quick reply Joe.  We're using the cloud version of Jira.  Does your answer still apply?  I'm very much a novice on this.

Best

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

I haven't worked with the cloud version, but it will still come down to where various DNS servers a pointing. Your provider should be able to help you out.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

Cloud is automatically public, so all you need to do is look at the url you're on when you visit the board.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2016

I presume 'public' means outside of your company intranet. To do that you need an entry in a public DNS server that points to your server. The simplest is to have the base URL the same in the public DNS as the one you use inside. 

Suggest an answer