show a jira project with public url

I have boards in a JIRA project that I would like to have as a public URL.  I know how to change permissions, but how do I find what the actual URL is?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Pitt Community Champion May 19, 2016

I presume 'public' means outside of your company intranet. To do that you need an entry in a public DNS server that points to your server. The simplest is to have the base URL the same in the public DNS as the one you use inside. 

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the quick reply Joe.  We're using the cloud version of Jira.  Does your answer still apply?  I'm very much a novice on this.

Best

Joe Pitt Community Champion May 19, 2016

I haven't worked with the cloud version, but it will still come down to where various DNS servers a pointing. Your provider should be able to help you out.

Cloud is automatically public, so all you need to do is look at the url you're on when you visit the board.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

113 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you