share with everyone

Dave Stephenson December 5, 2013

I want to share dashboards with all employees in my company (most of whom are not licensed to use on demand and so are not in 'users').

However I dont want these dashboards available to those outside my company.

If I had an on-premise install, and JIRA was inside my firewall, 'everyone' would mean everyone in my company. However in the on demand world, I assume this means the public internet, is that true?

Is there a solution for what i am trying to do short of making all employees users?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

You are right. If you open it up, it is will be available to all in the internet. I don't see an easy way other than making everyone users because you will have to somehow protect the data.

The other option will be to pull in all those information into your company firewall using JIRA's REST APIs and host it internally. That will be lot of work and might be costlier than an unlimited license!

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2013

Hi Dave,

I'm afraid not on OnDemand. Either it is public access (all internet) or private access for users with a license and permissions.

Suggest an answer