share filter with somebody

Emmanuel Rouillard June 10, 2015

One user would like to share a filter with just another user. He does not want to share with everybody or every user of his project. Is it possible ?

2 answers

1 vote
Sebastian Schöne July 28, 2015

Hi Emmanuel,

I have a similar usage of sharing issues and specifally filter lists - to keep special user (and non users of your JIRA system) up to date. Maybe this free plugin would be a nice solution for your request?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.shareYourJira

You will be able to grant a 1:1 view of your filter list. This plugin create a unqiue link you can send to any person. Also you can control the share by delete the link or edit the displayed columns afterwards smile

Let me know if this is something for you.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

Yes, you can simply send the filter via mail (use the share function in the upper right corner).

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

Forgot to mention, you need to be in the issue navigator.

Emmanuel Rouillard June 10, 2015

Actually, if the filter changes, I need to resent the filter... I would like the same feature as the other means of sharing.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2015

Then you would need to create a group or role (with just that one user) to share with.

Suggest an answer