set correct collation for SQL server 2014

Deleted user November 20, 2017

The database collation 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' and table collation 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' are not supported by JIRA.

The above message I receive once starting my local instance which connected to SQL Server. 

When I run the query to see what is used , return as "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS"

But how can I get the following (both similar to my current one), but either one should be accepted by JIRA, I don't know how to resolve this issue. please help. 

• SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI
  • Latin1_General_CI_AI

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Easiest and safest way to handle this is to migrate database. Create a new (empty) database (on the same database) with correct collation. Then take a xml backup of your current jira. Shut down jira  and change dbconfig to point to new database. Then import the xml backup you have taken earlier on the new database. In this way JIRA will fix the collation to each table with database collation. 

After this run database query for both table and database collation. It should give same result.

NOTE: Take full backup of both database and application.

In case of rollback, you just need to change the dbconfig to point to old database. So make sure old database remains untouched.

Also I would suggest to try migration in Test/Dev environment before trying it in actual production environment.

Deleted user November 20, 2017

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events