set assignee on when reopened

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

I save the user who Resolved the issue in a secondary field and then if someone Reopens the issue I want the Assignee to be that user who Resolved the issue. I need this to be on the screen when they click on Reopen so a Post Function does not help.

I am trying to do it in the Behaviors Plugin server side script panel using the following code:

public void setReopenAssignee() {
FormField resolvedByField = getFieldById("customfield_10101")
FormField assigneeField = getFieldById("assignee")

assigneeField.setFormValue(resolvedByField)

}

Sorry for it not being in the syntax macro but that isn't working for me at the moment.

Anyway, I have it tied to the Assignee field and then have the Condition of Reopen action but it doesn't seem to fire.

So is this even possible?

Thanks,

Jon

2 answers

2 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

hi J,

no scripting needed to achieve this.

install "misc workflow extensions"

add a postfunction to the transition "Reopen" and choose "Assign to last role member - Assigns the issue to the last user from the specified role that had this issue assigned before."

the only requirement here would be that only assigned useres can hit "Resolve"

try this

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions

0 votes
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Thanks but as I stated above a Post Function method isn't what I'm looking for. I already know I can do it from that. I don't want to Force assign it but rather set it to the Resolver and show that as the Default value on the screen. The user can still change it if need be.

Thanks,

Jon

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013
Oh you're right. Sorry for my posting in that case

Suggest an answer