service desk - sometimes no notification

Trish Hanly October 13, 2015

Reporter states that at times, she is not being notified via email to follow up on a Jira case. Sometimes she receives an email notification, sometimes not. For example, she received a notification in Outlook from Working Resource that he looked into the issue. But when she checked JIRA later, Assignee had added a note in Jira for Reporter to follow up in Jira but no notification was received in her inbox.
While investigating it, I noticed in this particular issue, Working Resource comments were Internal. Further, Assignee's comments were NOT internal, nor did he '@' the Reporter - he just typed her name. I checked all the Notification Schemes and Reporter is set up correctly to receive Notifications. 
Is this an issue to do with commenting Internally or Public? And/or using '@'?  

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2015

Hi Trish, did you check if this user is able to receive his own notifications? Maybe you could ask the user to check this configuration: Profile > Edit Preferences > My Changes > Notify Me.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

Suggest an answer