service desk portal customers knowledge base access

Alicia Miller February 19, 2016

Has anyone got the KB access for JIRA Service Desk customers (that are not Confluence users) working as per the new feature in 3.1? https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/serving-customers-with-a-knowledge-base-802164866.html

It's not working for me.

Users (with a confluence user licence) get suggested articles when they search but are asked to login to confluence when they click on a suggested article.  

Service Desk customers (that are unlicensed in Confluence) don't get any suggested articles at all. 

Any ideas of what the Application Links are supposed to be and also what the Confluence Global and Space permissions are correct for this to work?

Thanks,

Alicia

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alicia Miller February 21, 2016

Hi, I'm using 3.1 JSD server, and Confluence 5.9.6 server.

After submitting an issue with Atlassian I have learnt that it is available in JIRA Service Desk 3.1 but NOT available for Confluence Server, only Confluence Cloud 6. 

It should be available in Confluence Server 6. 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2016

Can you detail your environment, are you cloud and if you're server what versions?

This hasn't been released for JIRA Service Desk Server Edition yet.

Suggest an answer