service desk filter into software board

Nodar Vardiashvili October 22, 2019

Hi, i have service desk project, i want to show this filter on software project board. i did it but i have one problem. I am Approver of this task but i cannot transition this task. 

what you think ,  i have this problem because jiras have active incidents ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nodar Vardiashvili October 24, 2019

I did it. I have solution if anyone need it. I have added approval and than change condition. I have added ne condition "Users is In custom filed" and than choose approvers field.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2019

Hello Nodar,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that when a Service Desk ticket in your software board when you are the approver of the mentioned request, you are not being able to transition it to "approved" status. Is it correct?

We will need some more details to better troubleshoot your issue, so please try the following steps so we can better understand what is your current scenario:

1 - Can you confirm if you what product access you have under User management? If you are not an Admin, please ask your admin to give you this information

2 - If you only Have JIRA software product access, you can see in this documentation that collaborators (JIRA Software users) are not allowed to transition issues, however, the Approval method of JIRA Service desk can be performed by Software users. If you still want to be able to transition issues, you will need to:

- Be added to the issue as a request participant by an Agent

- Ask an Agent to create you as a customer, so you can access the issue through the customer portal and transition it with the same options as the customer have.

3 - If you are currently added to both JIRA SD and Software application access, please check under project settings > Permissions if you are allowed to transition the issue

4 - If the steps above are not applied to you, navigate to the JIRA SD project > Project settings > Workflows > Click to edit the workflow related to the issue type where you are facing the problem and check in the approve transition if the field added to be considered  the "Approver" is the same you are added to.

Let me know if this information helps.

Nodar Vardiashvili October 24, 2019

Hello Petter,

1. yes I am admin.

2.  i have both, software and service desk and i am site administrator and also project administrator

3. yes, i have permissions to transition this issue.

4.  yes there is add approver correctly.

jira error.png

Suggest an answer