seraph provider (sso) and issue with add-on other things

David Shapiro September 29, 2014

Morning,

I was asked to create something to provide sso capability to JIRA.  We presently use version 6.2.2.  I found some code and updated/modified to get it to work with 6.2.2.  It does not create a cookie, but uses Apache as a proxy between the openAM server and JIRA server.  However, for some reason now websudo does not pop up anymore when I go into administrative things, and when I go in to manage the add-ons, it gives a message:

The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.

I suspect it is related to websudo and not having the administrative access perhaps?  I found a thing on how to disable websudo (creating a jira-config.properties file with an option), but that does not seem to fix this. 

Other things maybe are not working.  It is hard to say for sure (e.g., DVCS connector seems to whirl away forever, not updating the information found in github). 

Any ideas/experience with this would be appreciated.  Obviously, Atlassian is doing the hands-off on this...

2 answers

0 votes
David Shapiro September 30, 2014

chrome developer tools shows: HEAD http://jiradev.sas.com/apps/jira/rest/plugins/1.0/?_=1412089883545 403 (Forbidden) batch.js:167 Failed to parse response text: SyntaxError: Unexpected token )

0 votes
David Shapiro September 29, 2014

The plot thickens! Additional thing I noticed is if I disable my sso setup--in that, if I put back the seraph-config.xml and set tomcat again to do authentication in server.xml, but use the same url that delivers the connection from Apache that is forwarding the sso remote user, I get the same error in add-ons/manager. It is maybe not related then to my sso code, but what Jira sees coming in from openAM/Apache.

Suggest an answer