sending JQL results to HipChat room

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hey folks,

i am looking for a non-workflow and non-project related HipChat notification for Jira.

my goal is to send "issue created" events directly to a specific HipChat room but only from some certain reporters.

i.e.

reporter in (userA,userB,userC)

the project where these issues have been created in shouldn't matter

a team wants to be notified in their HipChat room about every created issue from one of their members.

is there a simple solution available i just missed?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi C.,

I did some research on the market place and found the following plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.notificationassistant

This plugin allows you listen for events and send notifications via email, hipchat,... For every configuration you can also enter a JQL query for which the issue must pas in order to send the message.

Hope this helps?

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

Another alternative is this plugin:

http://doc.go2group.com/display/G2GLabs/HipChat+Plugin+for+JIRA

It has also the option to enter JQL queries, but again is linked to the workflow via a post-function. Although the JQL option allows you to select the project, it is still no independent solution.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2014
Yeah i found that one already. I mean the notification helper. Go2group is only project related or postfunctions. The notification helper Looks pretty neat and seams to offer exactly what i need. Thanks anyway mate
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2014

currently testing notification assistant...

does anybody know if i can send real issue links with summary and ID such as the go2group addon?

this addon only sends a link that points at the issue navigator using the jql i set up

Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2014

Hi C.Faysal,
It's not possible in the current version of NAFJ, but something we are looking into for future releases.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

oh i forgot...not all the existing issues that are found by the JQL.

more like a listener on the "Issue Created" event that should additionally send notifications to the room

0 votes
C. Faysal May 21, 2014

but not all existing issues....only the new issues that have been created

Suggest an answer