send notification only while issue is in a certain status

Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013

Hello,

is there any way to configure jira to send notifications to some users (e.g comment added notification) only if the issue is in a certain status (e.g while it's in "In progress" status) and no more in other statuses?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013

By default, I do not think that JIRA comes with that functionality. You might want to consider looking for an add on that does that.

Script runner allows you to code this (https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions?src=contextnavchildmode#PostFunctions-SendEmailWhenBlockerReported).

Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

Ok thanks. I'm going to learn how to use script runner. I never use it before and I'm often occurring in needs to use it

Suggest an answer