send mail for multiple tickets?

Winfred November 13, 2017

Hi, as a user I would like to send a manual mail based on a filter (e.g. department ID), and send a summary for these issues in a predefined template to manually entered recipient(s).

I filter for open issues for department XYZ that have not been sent mails for yet, and press the send mail button. This creates a template, which I can modify and then send to an address that I enter manually. E.g.

Hi,

can you take a look at the following issues:

• ID-12: summary of issue 12 [link to Jira]
    • (custom) field A for issue 12
    • (custom) field B for issue 12
  • ID-38: summary of issue 38 [link to Jira]
    • (custom) field A for issue 38
    • (custom) field B for issue 38
  • ID-64: summary of issue 64 [link to Jira]
    • (custom) field A for issue 64
    • (custom) field B for issue 64

Is there an add-on that does this? So, similar to e.g. "Email task" add-on, but then for multiple issues at once. Or other ways?

Using Jira Core Server, v7.5.

1 answer

1 vote
Justin Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hi there - I've seen Notification Assistant for Jira used for cases like this in the past.

If for whatever reason it is not giving you complete control over what you'd like to send, you could check out Power Scripts for Jira to script which issues should be sent to whom (and when), and which fields to include in the template. If you couple that with Power Actions for Jira, you can run the script on the push of a button.

Suggest an answer