send all email requests(new requests) to one queue only

rob morin February 8, 2016

We would like all NEW email and all requests eventually to go to only to one queue, named triage. From there a "dispatcher" will then dump the request into the appropriate queue, say "systems" or "Networking"  from the Triage queue...

Thanks..

3 answers

0 votes
rob morin February 10, 2016

Hey Tibor, I find Jira Helpdesk to be pretty complicated with respect to setting up a simple helpdesk.

I am a newbie when it comes to Jira and Jira Service desk. The flow and way to create what I need is NOT similar to any other ticket/service desk  system I have used in the past.

I do not really know what a JQL filter is, I followed this article ...
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK012/Getting+Started+with+JIRA+Service+Desk

... on how to be able to move incoming issues to a queue of my choosing, but it does not work...

Maybe Jira Help Desk is not for me or my company??? The dev guys use Jira for their own stuff and we figured that maybe using Jira help desk might go nicely with Jira itself...

Are you aware of any docs that i can read on starting a helpdesk from scratch? Maybe i can learn better this way.

Thanks for your help so far.

Pavel Zubov September 17, 2016

Hi, Rob!

I think you can take a look at a simple but convenient add-on Customer Case for JIRA Cloud. It allows you to use JIRA Cloud as a helpdesk and feedback portal.

It has enough capabilities for organizing a good process of collecting feedback and handle support requests.
To see available features, please check:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/customer-case-for-jira/cloud/overview 

0 votes
rob morin February 8, 2016

Hey Tibor,

Thanks for prompt reply. smile

I am setting up a new service desk to replace our current help desk software,  OTRS. Currently our OTRS works like this;

A new ticket is created via web or email, this NEW ticket ends up(automatically) in a Triage queue where a dispatcher, reads the ticket then either dumps it in a specific queue(ie; network or systems) for the members(agents/techs) of that queue then go to see and take a ticket and then start work on it, or it is assigned directly to an agent/tech.

We also have different statuses, New, assigned,  closed, waiting on client, Live verification, and couple more.

We currently have these queues setup;

Triage, systems, security, networking, Workstations, misc

So the dispatcher can dump anything from triage into those queues for members of said queues to go see and take one for themselves.

Unless Service Desk is meant to work a different way, I am ok with that, I just seem to have a difficult time to grasp the way service desk works as compared to OTRS , it does not seem to be too intuitive.

Any help is appriciated!

Thanks... 

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2016

So, the Systems, etc queues are also based on some JQL filters. 

E.g. "component = Systems" or "area = Security" etc.

All you need is an operation that sets these fields on which the queues are based. Once done, the issue will automatically appear in the queues. You don't have to "drag-n-drop" from one queue to another. 

Instead, modify the issue attributes to something that matches the target queue.

I hope I understood you smile

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2016

Hi Rob,

Queues are essentially JQL filters. If it is possible to phrase a JQL query to collect what you want to see in the queue Triage, you can create it immediately. 

e.g. create Triage based on this JQL: "status = New". It will grab all requests in status New to this queue.

I suppose the question is not as easy as it I presumed. So can you just give us some more details about how you want the Triage queue populated?

Tibor

Suggest an answer