select a list depending of the value of another list

Arnaud COGNARD July 27, 2017

hello,

I would like to limit to my users a list of functionalities and a list of versions depending of the application selected in another list

Application=A,B,C

-------

Function

if Application =A==>F1,F2

if Application =B==>F3,F4

--------

Version

if Application =A==>V1,V2

if Application =B==>V3,V4

I hope i am clear.

Manys tks for your help.

Arnaud

1 answer

1 vote
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Using out-of-the-box Jira:

If all applications are modeled in a single project you can achieve this with a Cascading Select Custom Field

If every application has it's own project you can use one Select List with multiple field contexts

Hello Gaston,

thank you for your help.

In fact, i am not sure that the cascading select custom field is suffisant.

In jira, we have many projets defined, but here, the need is for one of them.

I want to qualify my Bug with different values for the application, the version and the functionnality where it has been found.

But to limit the values, i would like to propose a limited list depending of the application selected first.

i don't know how to implement it (i am really newbie with jira)...

tks again for your time.

Arnaud

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Did you try with versions and the affected and fix version standard fields?

well, in my understanding, the release contains for us a list off applications, having different version (corresponding to our sprints)

in ex, Release 3 contains 3 applications, A, B, and C.

Each application have the own version.

A1.1, A1.2

C5.6 C6.0

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2017

Yes, that's correct.

You can always have the possibility to develop a custom field if you're on server or use some plugin like behaviours from scriptrunner to filter the values of a field based on another but i'm trying to find solutions without adding too much complexity.

Suggest an answer