segregate teams within same JIRA project

Gary Tamber October 2, 2017

is it possible to setup different boards for different teams following different workflows within same JIRA project?

I can configure separate boards for each team (a scrum board and flexible kanban board) and assign statuses to a customised columns.  But different teams will see overlap when the users use the drop down menu to change status (they will see list of statuses for both teams).  Is there way to completely segregate the team boards & workflow for the same issue type? 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

No, they'll always see the status available.

But you can effectively make totally different paths through the workflow for different teams by using "conditions" like "only team A can move to status "blue" and only team B can move to "red"".

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2017

In some of my projects, I have a "Team" field that is required on create - then filter the boards based on this field.

If not a dedicated field, you need to set rules for which issues appear on each board, and build mutually exclusive filters for each board.

Suggest an answer