searching multi-select custom fields

PJ September 10, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to search issues, in which a (Query Issue) multi-select custom field contains (includes) a certain value.

Example:

The JQL query lists all the databases and three databases (db1, db2 and db3) are selected for a certain issue. Now I want to search all issues that have db1 in the databases field. How can I do it? "~" doesn't seem to work with QI-fields.

Thanks for any helps in advance! smile

2 answers

0 votes
PJ September 10, 2015

Thank you Taha! I have another question. I checked and you have to use the issue key in the search. Is there any way to save issue summary as the value instead of the key (or a concat of both)? If not, is there anyway to search via summary? We see the summary in the field values (view), but I don't know how to search it.

Example: db1 key is dbxxx01 and its summary is the ip address e.g. 1.1.1.1. Is there a way to search for 1.1.1.1. instead of dbxxx01? like "database_cf" in (1.1.1.1)?

Serena Caruso February 15, 2016

I'm looking for this as well sad (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/36114302)

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

Hi PJ,

Yes, you are right operator "~" does not work for multi select fields.

You can use IN for multi select field for example, it will return all issues containing db1.

"database_cf" in (db1)

Taha

Suggest an answer