searching for content in Source tab or Subversion Tab in Jira

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

Hey Guys, We have Stash and subversion integrated to Jira which gives us two tabs - source and subversion. I understand that by default subversion tab stores the data in lucene index rather than storing in the database. But is there a way I can search in Lucene indexes in jira(confluence does) ? or any other way to do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2013

Guarav,

As far as I know, JIRA does not have this yet. If you are interested on the feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28837

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

could not add my vote there. but thanks for responding.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Hi Gaurav,

At the present is not possible, because the plug-in only stores a minimal information in Lucene and only when a issue key candidate is found in the commit message then the revision is stored. The rest of the data, like the changed paths in a revision, are retrieved from Subversion at real time. It means, even you could access to the lucene index, no useful information could be found there.

The good news are that I forked this project on BitBucket and it will support just waht you are asking for: I've replaced the lunene index by an Apache Derby database and it is fully compatible with any current configuration of the plug-in. The other major difference is that the fork stores the full history of the repositories, so you can search for any thing by using standard SQL.

Pablo.

Suggest an answer