search value "customer request type"

teo January 31, 2016

I want to find issues based on field values "customer request type" (service desk).
Works: "Customer Request Type" = empty!
It does not work: "Customer Request Type" = 'Task'

Is there any way?
Thank you.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

sad This field isn't properly supported yet. A few of the Service Desk fields seem to be like this. Please see the reported bug – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1583

Workaround

Customer Request Type values follow the format of "key/lowercased-form-title-hyphenated", so it may be possible to guess.
For example project key of "ITS":

1. General Assistance = its/general-assistance
  2. Infrastructure Support = its/infrastructure-support
  3. Telecommunications / Telephones = its/telecommunications--telephones (notice the double hyphen on this one)

I've also noticed that this value is determined when the form is FIRST created, and if you change the name of the form, it doesn't change the title. I've also seen some values that look like "req/its-request2" where it apparently added a number on the end to make it unique. I think that happened because I had two identically named forms when I first set up that project.
Maybe that will help you reverse engineer things and get some queries working.

teo February 2, 2016

I failed to work.
I hope that Atlassian solve it in a new version.

thanks.

2 votes
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2020

f you want a free workaround do the following:

Create a custom field. (Call it something like 'Service Desk Request Type')

Create it as a Text Field (single line)

Now in your request type setup in your Service Desk, add the field into each of your request types.

Make the field 'Required' and 'Hidden' and pre populate it with the name of the request type.

This way each time a new ticket it logged, the Service Desk Request Type field will be stamped with the name of the request type for that ticket.

You will then be able to do JQL reporting/dashboards with this field.

Cheers

Phil

0 votes

Well, I use the kind of request type generated from the portal...

Service Desk Request

• Request type: One
    Customer status: New
    Channel: Portal

Filter:

"Customer Request Type" = "One"

JIRA Service Desk, Version 3.6.4

0 votes
Bulanov_Maxim December 12, 2017

This select help find all possible value for Customer Request Type

select distinct cfv.stringvalue, a.name
from customfieldvalue cfv,
AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM a,
customfield b
where b.id = cfv.customfield
and b.cfname = 'Customer Request Type'
and substr(cfv.stringvalue, 4) = a.key;
0 votes
Aaron Williams September 7, 2017

Hello

Discovered this today, no need to guess.

In the table AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM, the value of KEY will hold the string that may be searched by. 

Steve is correct, the spaces are frequently replaced by hyphen, however this may be one or more hyphens, and the 'CALL_TO_ACTION' field may or may not match the key.

The string format for the JQL is "<lower_case_project_key/key_from_AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM_table>"

0 votes
teo February 1, 2016

It is a field created by service desk

CustomerRT.png

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2016

What is type for this custom field?

Suggest an answer