search to filter out bugs status changed to ("Closed","Done") in order by (date_status changed only)

mohammed Asif June 19, 2013
for Atlassian JIRA (v5.2.11): below is my query and what i want is just bugs that have had the status changed to ("Closed","Done") in desc order to appear in search results page. ( developers are updating old closed/done bugs and they are appearing in search results page but all I want is search to filter out bugs status changed to ("Closed","Done") in order by (date_status changed) desc regardless of comment or anyother update ) my query: project in (XXXXXX, YYYYYY) AND issuetype = Bug AND Status CHANGED FROM ("Blocked","Dev Complete","Feature Complete", "In Analysis","In Definition","In Development","In Front End Finalisation", "In Independent Test","In Progress","In Reqs Review","In Test","Not Started") to ("Closed","Done") order by updated desc

2 answers

4 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

I'm not quite sure what you want - your query works. The part of order by updated of course does not reflect the time when this status change occured since, as you said, there could be updates or comments.

If you want to identify issues where this status change was made in a certain time window (e.g. within the last 7 days) you could use following query with the DURING syntax.

project in (XXXXXX, YYYYYY) AND issuetype = Bug AND Status CHANGED FROM ("Blocked","Dev Complete","Feature Complete", "In Analysis","In Definition","In Development","In Front End Finalisation", "In Independent Test","In Progress","In Reqs Review","In Test","Not Started") to ("Closed","Done") DURING (-7d, now()) order by updated desc

Filipp Chernikov December 1, 2016

Thanks for the "DURING (-7d, now())" part.

0 votes
mohammed Asif June 27, 2013

thx, this is very usefull using DURING (-7d, now())

Suggest an answer