search linked issues "is a dependency for"

MA December 8, 2022

Hi, I have several initiatives, let say A and B and C which are parent of EPICS:

I have epics with parent link initiative A an epics with parent link initiative B, same for C.

This is to represent different projects and associated features.

Some of the EPICs in initiative A and B deserve as well initiative C, therefore, I have put in those epics a link: "is a dependency for B" or "is a dependency for C".

How can search all epics which are a dependency for B?

something like

Type = Epic AND issueLinkType = "is a dependency for B"

I can only run Type = Epic AND issueLinkType = "is a dependency for" but without mentioning any value, and I would like to get only the epics which are a dependency for initiative B.

Thanks in advance for your help

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Hi @malliod ,

are you saying that you created issue link types that include the Initiative name. Could you share a screenshot from the following url (replace yourcompany)

https://yourcompany.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewLinkTypes!default.jspa

Regardless, by using issueLinkType in your JQL then you should be able to reference any defined link type that you have created.

MA December 8, 2022

url as requested does not work, but I am not surprised, everything is filtered and administrated in a centralized way in my company.

I have simply created EPICs, and in those EPICS, I have added an Issue Link: "is a dependency for" with initiative B ID.

Now, I want to search for all EPICS which are a dependency for initiative B.

MA December 8, 2022

issuefunction in hasLinkType("Dependency") and issue in linkedIssues(ID-B) AND type = Epic

seems to work 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Are so I see that you have Scriptrunner so that certainly helps solve your needs.

Suggest an answer