This sounds really odd, given 12 years of JIRA, but I can't read the search in your first screenshot. Project = Tap Analytics, but the last bit, I don't know.
Three questions, if I may? In your second screenshot:
1. could you click the "board" button, and then go to "general". Your board filter will be there in JQL - could you copy that and paste it here? (plain text is easier, it is just a query)
2. again from the "board" button, go to "columns". To the left of this config screen, are there any status in the "unmapped" column?
3. In your screenshot, you've got a "quick filter" enabled which looks like it probably says something like "only stuff assigned to Chris dePage". Can you find your issue if you de-select that?
Project = Tap Analytics, Type = All (bugs, enhancement)
Status = http://screencast.com/t/BZIle3wMLZe6
1) project = TA ORDER BY Rank ASC
I added mapped QA to a column, but it doesn't help.
1) I have QA task in my(Eugene's) to Do column.
2) I go into edit task and assign it to Joe and change workflow to QA
Task is now gone from my board and it appears at Joe's board.
If I have Story with multiple tasks and I need to reasign those tasks to other people (after my work on task is done and I need someone else, like Joe to verify and accept) then all those tasks will be removed from my board and I have no way of tracking the work i've done for those tasks.
Am i using the board in the wrong way?
>I go into edit task and assign it to Joe and change workflow to QA
This is very unclear to me, I need to translate it into JIRA-speak, and go over precisely what is happening. So.
1) You have a QA task in Eugene's column
1.1 Just to confirm, "QA task" is an issue type?
1.2 What is the status of that issue?
2) You go to edit task and assign it to Joe
2.1 When you say "edit task" - you mean you go to plain JIRA (http://yourjira/browse/TA-1234)?
2.2 Then you change the assignee in there to Joe, and at this point, it's still on the board in Euegene's column, right?
3) You "change workflow to QA"
3.1 In JIRA speak, that's a project configuration task. I think what you mean is "you use a transition called 'QA'", from the plain JIRA view of the issue. Is that right?
3.2 It has now vanished from the board correct?
4) Go back to the issue in plain JIRA - what is the current status of the issue?
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG