scrum and kanban project in the same board

Lexe Aurélie Valton November 30, 2016

Hi ! This is my problem :

I have a board, shared with another team with a common sprint.

I have also a kanban board with my personnal project with all my objectives for the year.

But, I don't want to switch from a board to another board. I know me and I'm sure that I will juste focus on the sprint board, with my team and I will forget to work on my objectives.

So, my goal is to have in one board, in two different swimlane my kanban projet and my scrum projet with my team. Also, It's important that my team does not see my personnal project. Do you think it's possible ?

Thank you !

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2016

Yes. 

If you set up the permissions on your personal project so that only you can see the issues in it, then the issues will not appear on the board when other users are using it.

However, you will need to think through the impact on board admin though - users will get "can't see affected project" if they try to do some things.

Lexe Aurélie Valton November 30, 2016

What things ? Because if they don't see my swimlane and just the swimlane for the common project they will just interact with this common project and there will be no conflict ? Or maybe I miss something ?

Thanks for the tips of the permissions, I will check this !

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2016

It's the admin and maintenance stuff.  If you were to move one of your issues into a sprint, other board-admin users who can't see it wouldn't be able to close the sprint.

Lexe Aurélie Valton December 5, 2016

That's the point, I don't want to put my task in the sprint. I want to have two diffrent sprint in my board. I think I need greenhopper han ? I can't have in my board the sprint of my team and my kanban board ? Thanks a lot ! smile

Suggest an answer